Author and N.H. Writers’ Project member and presenter, Jeff Deck, has recently launched the second book in his series The Shadow Over Portsmouth, which includes 10 novels. Deck’s City of Games (Book Two) released in January 2019 continues following the adventures of Portsmouth Police Department’s ex-cop Divya Allard whose girlfriend was murdered in book one.
Deck explains his series as an urban fantasy and mystery combo.
Throughout the page turner, characters journey through the present and “real” world to various alternative worlds through doorways known as “ports.” Divya travels back and forth between ports to solve her many mysterious crime cases.
In this book’s plot, she tries to locate her missing friend from the Portsmouth Police Department, Milly, who is accused of manipulating an elderly millionaire. To sort out the truth, Allard crosses dimensions to the City of Games, where everything’s a bet and the stakes are high – senses, memories, emotions – even life itself.
“I will be releasing the rest of the series every four months or so,” Deck said.
Deck’s writing range is remarkable. He has works that span science fiction, fantasy, horror, dark fantasy and other speculative fiction genres. In addition, the South Berwick, Maine, resident assists other authors tell their stories as a ghostwriter. His writing has been featured on The Today Show and he has toured the nation on book tours.
Deck reports that book sales are going well and the stories have been well received by readers. His books sold out through the NHWP’s new Brick & Mortar Program. The program is a partnership between the writing professional organization and independent book stores in the state. City of Ports and City of Games are now available at Gibson’s Bookstore in Concord; the Toadstool Book Store, among others. If you prefer e-reading, you can also access the books through Kindle Select and Kindle Unlimited.
When Deck is not engrossed in his writing, he enjoys reading speculative fiction; exploring New England with his family; playing video games; and spending time with his dog, Burleigh.
- Richard Branson says Virgin Galactic is 'weeks' away from a launch as his space race with Jeff Bezos heats up
- Blue Origin is 'going to the MOON': Jeff Bezos unveils lunar lander at mysterious invite-only event in Washington D.C. and suggests his firm will hit VP Pence's 2024 deadline for putting humans back on the surface
- Pelosi in Iowa: ‘Blue wave’ will take all Democratic hands on deck
- Negan Arrives and Chickens Declare War in the Latest Tabletop Gaming News
- 'Below Deck' reality show cast member Ross Inia arrested in Florida
- Opinion: NFL must make changes to address its latest officiating mess
- The Inside Story Of Jeff Bezos’s Fire Phone Debacle
- Journey to Antarctica: What Scientists Think of Trump’s Latest Climate Tweet
- DECK SEEMS STACKED AGAINST CARDS