Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.Oscar H. Blayton $174,000.00 – That’s what every member of the House of Representatives receives in salary each year. Every member, that is, except Nancy Pelosi, who as the Speaker of the House, gets to take home $223,500.00. Those are not bad wages, even if these legislators work five days a week with only two weeks off annually for vacation. But Congress has averaged only 138 legislative days a year since 2001. If you do the math, you will see that comes to less than three days a week. Undoubtedly, many members of the House of Representatives can articulate why they need so few days in session. Their stated reasoning might include the rigors of carrying out their constitutionally mandated functions. But therein lies the rub. The House of Representatives is refusing to carry out one of its more important constitutionally mandated functions. When the Founders of this nation wrote the Constitution, they did not want the country to be forced to blindly trust and follow the person holding the office of the President. And for this reason, they divided the power of the government into three distinct branches and gave each… Read full this story
- Donald Trump launches furious all-capitals tweet calling impeachment 'AN ASSAULT ON AMERICA' after Nancy Pelosi opened full House debate before vote tonight saying president had given Democrats 'no choice' but to put him on trial
- Congress Nears Stimulus Deal With White House as Wall Street Suffers Rout
- Speaker Pelosi Shepherds Trump-Backed Family Aid Deal to Bipartisan House Approval
- Trump praises bipartisan deal between the GOP and Dems after House passes coronavirus bill that provides free testing following the president's declaration of emergency and 'day of prayer'
- House PASSES coronavirus bill by 363-40 in 1am vote as Trump and Pelosi back deal for paid sick leave, FREE testing and help for jobless after President declared an emergency and 'prayer day'
- Elizabeth Warren drops out of 2020 Democratic presidential race after Super Tuesday rout
- The White House May Not Be Taking Coronavirus Seriously, But Congress Is
- ‘The Perfect Choice’: Trump Brings Warrior Mark Meadows into White House as Election Year Chief of Staff
- Exclusive–House Freedom Caucus: Last-minute RyanCare Amendments Too Little, Too Late
- What Democrats can learn from Roosevelt vs. Taft
House Democrats Wants Us to Do Their Job have 392 words, post on thewestsidegazette.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.