CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority will offer free rides on June 22 to coincide with Xtinguish Torch Fest, Blazing Paddles race and a host of other events planned for the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Cuyahoga River fire.
The RTA Board on Tuesday accepted a $75,000 grant from the Cleveland Museum of Natural History to sponsor the free-fare Saturday.
A highlight of Cuyahoga50 is the five-day event scheduled from June 19 to 23. Dozens of community groups and other partners will host a series of clean water events during at various locations along the river.
There’s also lots more: lighted boat parade, a Western Reserve Rowing Association regatta, Great Lakes Burning River Fest at the historic Coast Guard Station, doubleheader international men’s soccer tournament and an Indians game against the Detroit Tigers.
Check out all the fun planned on RocktheLake.com/events.
- Delhi CM Kejriwal releases guarantee card, promises free bus rides for students
- Delhi elections 2020: Arvind Kejriwal releases 'guarantee card'; promises free bus rides for students
- CES 2020 recap: What's new from AMD and Intel, a gold keyboard, and a hands-free car ride
- Daily Horoscope: 22 January 2020
- Silver: NBA ‘can do a better job’ on free agency, rules
- Grand Circle Cruise Line Offers Free Airfare to Europe for River Cruises this Summer
- EastEnders 35th Anniversary SPOILER: Keanu Taylor RETURNS amid revenge plot against the Mitchells as a BODY is pulled from the River Thames during intense filming
- EastEnders 35th Anniversary SPOILER: Jessie Wallace is in high spirits for filming while Jake Wood and Scott Maslen lead a river rescue as the party takes a DEADLY turn (but who falls overboard?)
- EastEnders set to kill off a major character in its 35th Anniversary Special... after they DROWN in the River Thames during a wild boat party'
- Mexico's Charros de Jalisco Celebrates Its 100th Anniversary