“We have to consider that the right-wing movement increased their consensus, their share of votes. I believe that would be in the interest of the European Union to facilitate a broader dialogue, an inclusive dialogue taking into account different instances that will be put forward by those movements. There is a clear political interest,” Terracciano told press conference. The diplomat pointed out that none of these parties, except for the United Kingdom’s Brexit Party, advocate for the exit from the bloc. “On the contrary they want to reform the European Union from within,” Terracciano added. READ MORE: UK Brexit Party Leading in EU Parliamentary Elections — Preliminary Results According to the diplomat, the election results were “very expected” and “politically quite relevant.” “For the first time, we had in all the European countries a real debate, real attention to European elections. Also the participation of electorate increased, this is already an important meaningful political signal,” Terracciano said. © AFP 2019 / Miguel MEDINASalvini Declares ‘NEW Europe is Born’ Amid Right-Wing Surge in EU ElectionsThe Italian diplomat suggested that the two major parties that used to be “in a way sharing power within European institutions” would now need backing of other groups. Pasquale Terracciano’s comments follow the success in the EU parliamentary elections claimed by the right-wing League party in Italy. According to the polls, League, the right-wing anti-immigrant party… Read full this story
- LGBT rights are on the line today in the government's Brexit bill
- Sharp rise in holiday illness payouts may end with new curbs on bogus insurance claims
- Theresa May backs Esther McVey's claim that 'rape clause' is 'opportunity to talk'
- Russian cyber threat pushes UK to sign world's largest digital security pact
- Daryll Rowe: Hairdresser who tried to infect men from Grindr with HIV jailed for life
- 'Unbearable suffering' after acid attack drove victim to euthanasia, murder trial told
- 'Hostile environment' prevents migrants accessing NHS and delays detection of infectious diseases, experts warn
- Windrush scandal: Man who has lived in Britain for 54 years misses daughter's wedding after Home Office refuses him a passport
- Facebook and Google 'turning blind eye' as young children access platforms despite age restrictions, Hunt says
- Meet the witch making a living casting spells for the lovelorn and cash-strapped
EU Should Engage With Right-Wing Parties After Elections - Italian Diplomat have 384 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 27, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.