Kyle Roerink, executive director of Great Basin Water Network, speaks during a demonstration outside of the Nevada Legislature to raise concerns over a bill that would change some of state’s water laws on May 23, 2018 in Carson City (Colton Lochhead/Las Vegas Review-Journal)Sen. Pete Goicoechea, R-Eureka, speaking during a demonstration outside of the Nevada Legislature to raise concerns over a bill that would change some of state’s water laws on May 23, 2018 in Carson City (Colton Lochhead/Las Vegas Review-Journal) CARSON CITY — A little more than a month ago, a controversial water bill seemed like it had done the impossible by getting environmental and rural groups to drop their fervent opposition. But after that brief moment of Kumbaya, some of those same groups are hoping the bill sinks in the final days of the Nevada Legislature, warning that it could lead to a potential urban water grab and raising familiar concerns over a long-standing plan to pipe water from Eastern Nevada to the Las Vegas Valley. The bill, Assembly Bill 30, would clarify how the state engineer is able to use monitoring, management and mitigation plans, or so-called 3m plans, changes that the state hopes would help stave off… Read full this story
- Meghan's BFF Jessica Mulroney shares a sweet snap of her twin sons holding the Duchess' veil at the royal wedding - and reveals GOOGLE reminded her the anniversary is fast approaching
- Giants beat Padres in Madison Bumgarner’s final start before trade deadline
- The Factory Where They Engineer Massive Water Art Pieces
- Make mine a double! Thirsty animals are perfectly reflected in a watering hole as they go for a late-night drink in South Africa
- Jeremy Corbyn's £1.2TRILLION election bill revealed (that's £43,000 per household): Dossier exposes eye-watering cost of Labour plans to nationalise public services, give Britons a four-day week and guaranteed income
- Road repair work in Andheri contaminates drinking water
- Is RFID toll setup becoming Delhi’s latest project of many deadlines?
- Controversial South Australian wombat cull scrapped by Aboriginal Lands Trust
- The 'Show Dogs' controversy and the problem of teaching children consent
- Castlevania Season Three Unveils Controversial Alucard Sex Scene
Deadline fast approaching for controversial water bill have 367 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.