YARMOUTH — In April the Cape Elizabeth High boys’ lacrosse team made a habit of winning by a single goal, sometimes in near-miracle fashion. A month later the Capers looked dominant against a high-quality opponent.Thursday at Yarmouth, Class A Cape Elizabeth controlled every key facet in a 9-2 win, paced by Jack Dresser’s nine-save, no-goals allowed effort in the second half. It was a far cry from the first meeting when Cape scored with .6 seconds left to tie the game, then won 8-7 in overtime. “We definitely have improved in a lot of areas,” said Coach Ben Raymond. “We’ve gotten better in a lot of things, like clearing the ball, riding. I think we definitely won the ground ball game in this game.” Cape (10-0) leads Class A South by a healthy margin over defending champion Thornton Academy. Yarmouth (7-3) is a close second to Brunswick in Class B with potential big Heal point games left against Greely and Waynflete. Yarmouth struggled with turnovers when trying to clear the ball from defense to offense and Cape faceoff specialist Devon Lathrop won 11 of 15. Those factors played to a decisive advantage for Cape in possession, if not shots (both… Read full this story
- Cities You Need to Visit in the Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth, East London - South Africa
- Veteran Voortrekkers From Cape Town to the Eastern Cape
- Lacrosse Is An Awesome Game
- Are Lacrosse Injuries Common?
- Budget Travel in the Eastern Cape South Africa - Malaria-Free
- Cacadu District a Blend of Big 5 Wildlife and an Art Festival - Eastern Cape - South Africa
- Girls Lacrosse - Getting Ready For High School
- Nascar's Matt Kenseth - From Boy To Superstar
- Diamond Watches - A Girl's (And Boy's) Best Friend
- South Africa Travel - Attractions and Destinations for Travelers
Boys’ lacrosse: Cape Elizabeth stifles Yarmouth, 9-2 have 310 words, post on www.pressherald.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.