Boston Private has hired a new general counsel and executive vice president.
The bank this morning announced the appointment of Colleen Graham, who will have oversight of several key control functions including legal and compliance, and administrative oversight of internal audit. She will report directly to Boston Private CEO Anthony DeChellis.
With more than 30 years of experience, Graham has deep regulatory expertise and a track record of building efficient and effective control structures aligned to risk appetite and business growth. She joins Boston Private from NextGen Compliance LLC, a legal and compliance advisory firm she founded and led as CEO.
Prior to NextGen Compliance LLC, Graham was the founder and co-CEO of Signac, a fintech joint venture between Credit Suisse and Palantir Technologies, where she led the development of leading-edge software to detect and mitigate employee and compliance risk for financial services. Earlier in her career, Graham worked at Credit Suisse, serving as managing director and head of compliance among other executive management roles in private banking and global markets.
“Colleen’s expert knowledge of the industry’s complex regulatory landscape, coupled with her keen understanding of the opportunity presented by new technologies, makes her the ideal candidate to lead Boston Private’s legal functions,” DeChellis said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to have her come on board at such a critical and exciting time of growth for our company.”
Graham is the fifth major hire DeChellis has made since joining Boston Private at the end of last year, most of which have been former colleagues DeChellis new from his days working at Credit Suisse.
- Governor Baker turns his back on the innovation economy
- In An Unmarked Grave, A Baby Who Died On For-Profit Foster Company's Watch
- POLITICO Playbook: Republicans’ dueling political pictures
- O.J., Cobain, ‘Friends’ and all the other news from 1994 that’s still dominating today’s headlines
- Across the nation, priest sexual abuse cases haunt Catholic parishes
- The players, places in the Capano murder case
- How to Build the Movement for Progressive Power, the Urban Way
- Musk bid for Tesla: no formal offer, no firm deals with advisers