Boston Private has hired a new general counsel and executive vice president.
The bank this morning announced the appointment of Colleen Graham, who will have oversight of several key control functions including legal and compliance, and administrative oversight of internal audit. She will report directly to Boston Private CEO Anthony DeChellis.
With more than 30 years of experience, Graham has deep regulatory expertise and a track record of building efficient and effective control structures aligned to risk appetite and business growth. She joins Boston Private from NextGen Compliance LLC, a legal and compliance advisory firm she founded and led as CEO.
Prior to NextGen Compliance LLC, Graham was the founder and co-CEO of Signac, a fintech joint venture between Credit Suisse and Palantir Technologies, where she led the development of leading-edge software to detect and mitigate employee and compliance risk for financial services. Earlier in her career, Graham worked at Credit Suisse, serving as managing director and head of compliance among other executive management roles in private banking and global markets.
“Colleen’s expert knowledge of the industry’s complex regulatory landscape, coupled with her keen understanding of the opportunity presented by new technologies, makes her the ideal candidate to lead Boston Private’s legal functions,” DeChellis said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to have her come on board at such a critical and exciting time of growth for our company.”
Graham is the fifth major hire DeChellis has made since joining Boston Private at the end of last year, most of which have been former colleagues DeChellis new from his days working at Credit Suisse.
- Boston Private Hires New Managing Director
- Trump needed new lawyers for Russia probe. He found them at a tiny Florida firm.
- Bain Capital Deputy GC Jumps to Kirkland in Boston
- Nashua hires rail consultants, weighs options for restoring passenger service
- Trump hires defense lawyers from tiny Florida firm for Russia probe
- MoFo Private Equity Co-Chair Becomes Kirkland's Latest High-Profile Hire
- MoFo Private Equity Funds Co-Chair Becomes Kirkland's Latest High-Profile Hire
- Kirkland Private Equity Team Jumps to Gibson Dunn
- Stryker hires chief legal officer