0 Have your say An Edinburgh-based start-up founded by the duo behind intelligent payment system IPOS is looking to raise £2.5 million to “revolutionise” home security. Boundary, a smart home alarm venture established by entrepreneurs Robin Knox and Paul Walton, has launched its first funding round as it aims to boost headcount and bring its product to market.The business said it is seeking up to £2.5m investment to create a number of digital jobs at its capital base, which will include roles in cloud infrastructure and mobile app development. A portion of any funding raised will also be used to carry out continued testing and development of the final product – a smart home alarm system, which is due to launch later this year.The equity funding round, pushed back from its original start date late last year, is due to close at the end of June. In addition to this, Boundary intends to launch a Kickstarter campaign next month with the aim of selling between 500 and 1,000 units of its product. This would equate to between £100,000 and £200,000 in pre-sales revenue.The firm believes that the burglar alarm market is “ripe for disruption” and is targeting a presence in… Read full this story
- Black Friday 2018 smart home deals: Google Home Hub, Facebook Portal, Apple HomePod, Alexa gadgets and more
- Best Black Friday 2018 smart home deals: Offers available now on Echo and Google devices, Nest, Ecobee, Ring, Philips Hue and more
- Cyber Monday 2018 smart home deals: Google and Echo devices starting at $24, Nest, Philips Hue and more
- Black Friday 2018 smart home deals: Bargains on Echo Dot, Google Home Hub, Facebook Portal, Apple HomePod and more
- Black Friday 2018 smart home deals: Half-priced Echo Dot, $99 Google Home Hub and more
- Amazon Echo Plus is the smart home hub of the future
- The best Black Friday smart home bundles you can buy this week
- Alexa's Echo Buttons can trigger your smart home routines now
- CNET Asks: Are you a fan of the new Amazon Smart Home devices?
- Alexa's in-app smart home controls just got a makeover
Smart home alarm start-up Boundary seeks £2.5m from first funding round have 351 words, post on www.scotsman.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.