Mary Chao Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Published 4:35 AM EST Feb 21, 2019
The health and fitness business continues to grow in the region. Two new gyms are arriving in Hilton and Ontario, Wayne County.
Studio 22 Fitness opened on Feb. 16 at 67 Old Hojack Lane in Hilton. Owner Maddie Nizamis wanted a fitness facility that’s available at all hours.
“We are a safe, enjoyable place for people to better their health at any time of the day,” she said.
Studio 22 Fitness is a 24-hour fitness facility, with brand new equipment, group classes and personal trainers.
Over on the eastern end bordering Monroe County, Eupraxia is coming to Ontario, Wayne County, at 1418 State Route 104, with a grand opening on March 1.
The husband and wife team of Teon and Autumn Kowalyk are bringing a comprehensive experience. Dr. Teon Kowalyk, a chiropractor, saw a need for the combination of fitness, nutrition and motivation in the Ontario area.
Every workout at the new fitness facility is instructor-led in a group. The trainer is always right there to help you learn the exercises and keep you motivated while pushing you to reach your goals, Kowalyk explained.
Eupraxia’s programs are designed to help people get stronger, lose weight and increase energy and live longer. Steven Czys is the brainchild of Eupraxia, which is headquartered in Wisconsin.
- Central Rock Gym opens Rochester location
- Comings and Goings: China Buffet and Seafood Harbor open in Henrietta
- Rochester, NY, retail: Top 5 openings and closings in 2018
- Famous bands and musicians from upstate and western New York
- Gophers Team Camp will showcase new Athletes Village facility Saturday
- New Year. New You. New Rochester businesses that help you stay fit
- Investment report card 2018: County efforts will create 1,000 new jobs, Dinolfo says
- Investment report card 2018: County efforts to create nearly 1,000 new jobs, Dinolfo says
- Work to begin to make way for new YMCA in Pittsford