The house where Shaun Duffy once lived sits a short distance up a lane that doesn’t look like it’s used much. The bungalow with a small front porch lies vacant, commanding stunning views of Traighenna Strand. In the clear light of day it’s hard to imagine such darkness being visited on this place. But in the early hours of January 29, 2005, Shaun Duffy was murdered in a brutal attack that sent shockwaves through the locality. The aftershocks on the close-knit community he came from can still be felt to this day. The 36-year-old was set upon when he returned home after a night out. An inquest into his death in 2010 found that he had been stabbed several times, suffered numerous blows to the head and a crossbow arrow had gone through his right arm. His brother Kevin, who had been socialising with him the night before, knew something was wrong when he called to Shaun’s home the next day. “The inside door on the porch, which my brother always used, wasn’t locked. I knew straight away something was wrong because he always locked it,” he told the inquest into his brother’s death. “I found Shaun inside lying face… Read full this story
- Tips fly in to Florida sheriff’s office for 1997 cold case after Netflix's Tiger King Joe Exotic accused his nemesis Carole Baskin of being responsible for her husband's disappearance
- Man, 34, is arrested for 2012 cold-case murder of 18-year-old Atlanta woman who was shot dead after knocking on her friend's door and interrupting an armed robbery
- Google's location tracking designed to target ads is being used by POLICE to solve cold cases - and innocent people are being caught in the 'dragnet'
- Ga. Woman Was Killed in 2012 While Interrupting Robbery — and Police Arrest 1 Suspect in Cold Case
- New Ebola cases dim hope of end to epidemic
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco cases near 1,000
- Coronavirus live updates: SF cases approach 1,000; no arrests made in illegal nightclub raid
- I finally got justice for my daughter: Anguished mother of a 23-year-old student who was gang raped and murdered by four men on a Delhi bus in 2012 speaks out as the killers are executed
- Amazon, Google race to get your DNA into the cloud
- Pittsburgh Weather: Cold Front Brings Brief Cool Down Across The Area
Donegal cold case: Gardaí hope DNA technology may bring Shaun Duffy's killers to justice have 398 words, post on www.independent.ie at February 16, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.