As London Blockchain Week kicks off, will people ever feel safe buying their groceries in bitcoin? Dr James Smith, co-founder and chief executive of Elliptic, a cryptocurrency intelligence agency, says YES. Cryptocurrencies are in still their early stages, used more as an investment and tradeable asset than as a form of money, and a lot of infrastructure still needs to be built. But they will eventually be fundamental to our financial system. Services that enable trusted interaction and which provide people with the safety to transact across borders are an essential building block for this new, inclusive financial system – and we’re developing them now. Some big-name businesses are already accepting bitcoin, from Virgin Galactic to Expedia and Wikipedia. The list will only expand as the technology becomes more mainstream. Whether the future of currency is bitcoin, a crypto-pound, or some other form of cryptocurrency remains to be seen. But will ordinary people one day feel safe transacting in digital tokens rather than cash? Yes, absolutely. Fergal McGovern, chief executive of VisibleThread, says NO. No, not until there is full transparency. The most important aspect of any financial product is trust. That starts with clear communication of what it is,… Read full this story
- SV Insight Presents Unique Global Blockchain Report at the San Francisco Blockchain Week
- Gopher Protocol’s CTO & CEO Invited by Tokenize-It to San Francisco Blockchain Week
- Designer invites people to nap during London fashion week show
- Christopher Kane, Burberry at London Fashion Week
- Stabbing Victim of '40-Year-Old Virgin' Actor Says She Doesn't Feel Safe After He's Granted Parole
- Sisters Confronted By Racist White Woman In Charlotte Say They Don’t Feel Safe Anymore
- Small and Mid-Sized Businesses Can Help Surge for Water Reach 1 million People with Safe Water
- Kanye West: Donald Trump 'Cares About the Way Black People Feel About Him'
- London Fashion Week featured 'Chubby Cloud' for tired trendsetters to sleep on
- Do you feel safe in Falcon Heights? Survey directed at guests who drive through
DEBATE: As London Blockchain Week kicks off, will people ever feel safe buying their groceries in bitcoin? have 344 words, post on www.cityam.com at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.