By Lynn Hulsey, Staff Writer Our reporters in 2018 exposed wrongdoing at the highest level of our institutions, from the legislature to the Catholic Church, and also showed the harm caused to our community and our citizens by individuals who violated our trust.What emerges from reading through the list below is how many of these situations could have been prevented. It is our sincere hope that by shining a light on our problems we provide a framework for solving them. Here are the top 10 investigative stories of the year. 1) FBI investigates former Ohio House Speaker Dayton Daily News reporter Laura A. Bischoff in April revealed that the FBI was investigating Ohio House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger, R-Clarksville. Rosenberger, a Wright State University graduate, subsequently resigned. Recommended for you Recommended for you Recommended for you Most read 1 Former Oakwood top cop arrested on child porn charges 2 What restaurants are open on Christmas Day 2018? | Dayton, Ohio 3 Dayton will get a medical marijuana cultivator Ohio House speaker hires defense attorney over FBI questions Bischoff’s stories on Rosenberger showed that: A representative of the payday lender Advance America made three international trips with Rosenberger and that payday lenders… Read full this story
- James Scott Farrin Named to 2020 Edition of “U.S. News – Best Lawyers” ‘Best Law Firms’ List
- Justice Department watchdog moves to reassure witnesses on Russia investigation report
- New York investigators reportedly zero in on Epstein recruiter as net tightens around his 'enablers'
- Kane Russell Coleman Logan Ranked in 2020 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC Receives Ranking in U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2020
- 226 Maryland Nursing Homes Make U.S. News 'Best' Ratings
- 287 Virginia Nursing Homes Make U.S. News 'Best' Ratings
- Philadelphia Fire Department Investigating Reports Of ‘Sulfur,’ ‘Sewage’ Odor Throughout City
- Conestoga Is PA's 3rd Best High School: U.S. News And World Report
- States planning to expand Google antitrust investigation: report
The Dayton Daily News’ best investigative reporting of 2018 have 338 words, post on www.daytondailynews.com at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.