The Village of Schaumburg’s Woodfield Trolley will expand its service to run daily beginning Friday, Nov. 23 through Tuesday, Jan. 1.
Additional trolleys will also be in service during the holidays which will reduce wait times in between trolleys to approximately every 15-20 minutes, making this transportation mode more convenient for the public.
The Woodfield Trolley is free and provides front door service to various stops in the village including Woodfield Mall, Streets of Woodfield, Woodfield Village Green, IKEA and the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel. (Please note the boarding area at the Convention Center is being moved to the west side of the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel near the entrance of Sam & Harry’s Steakhouse.)
The Hyatt Regency has also recently been added as a stop where riders can board the Woodfield Trolley at the Pace bus stop across Walter Payton Drive from the Hyatt Hotel.
The village’s trolleys feature attractive modern amenities, like Wi-Fi, low-floor ramps for easier accessibility, full security camera systems, and modern GPS and Intelligent Bus System (IBS) technology.
Service hours are as follows:
Monday–Friday: Noon to 9 p.m. (running every 20 minutes)
Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (running every 15-20 minutes)
Sundays: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (running every 20 minutes)
Weather and traffic conditions can impact trolley operations at various times of the day throughout the busy holiday season. Visit the village’s website at www.schaumburg.com, call the Trolley Hotline at (847) 923-3880, or dial 311 in the village for updated service information. No trolley service will be provided on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
The trolley reverts back to its regular weekend service schedule after New Year’s Day.
- Expecting 'largest groups' of U.S. deportees ever, Cambodian aid org expands services
- 2019 Holiday Fests, Tree Lightings And More Across Cook County
- United Airlines expands Clear's expedited security offering at IAH
- Holiday Travel Tips From PDX
- 5 Ways To Pet-Proof Your Home For The Holidays
- Braintree Police Fill A Cruiser Holiday Toy Drive Announced
- ITServe’s Annual Conference Synergy Highlights Tech Trends & Challenges Faced by US IT Services Industry
- We Found Five Of The Best Carry-On Luggage Sets For Upcoming Holiday Seasons!
- Working in Australia for $3 an hour — life on the working holiday visa
- 15 best summer holidays to go on with babies and toddlers