Cara Delevingne attended Princess Eugenie’s royal wedding a suit and top hat. (Getty) Cara Delevingne has never been one for following the rules. So naturally, when it came time to choose an outfit for Princess Eugenie’s wedding in October, the 26-year-old model decided to break royal protocol (which strongly suggests women should wear a modest day dress and hat), opting instead for a three-piece suit complete with tails, top hat and toothpick. But while the outfit had many royal etiquette experts up in arms, the “Suicide Squad” star explained it was actually approved by the princess herself. “Eugenie has been a friend of mine since I was a kid and I’ve always wanted to wear tails,” Delevingne said in an interview with Grazia magazine. “I texted her, as I wasn’t sure about it and she was like: ‘Of course, I expected nothing else from you!’” Delevingne added, “I found it interesting how many people came up to me and said: ‘You’re so brave to wear that!’ I was like, really? I feel way more comfortable like this.” Plus, no chance of a wardrobe malfunction in the face of those gale-force winds. This story originally appeared in the New York Post.
- Princess Eugenie wows in surprising royal regalia to glam up her charity appearance in NYC
- Princess Beatrice pregnant: Beatrice tipped to have baby within year of royal wedding
- The surprising reason Eugenie ditched York tiara at wedding - will Beatrice wear it?
- Royal wedding: Will royals pay for Beatrice wedding after petition against Eugenie's?
- Princess Beatrice wedding: Why Bea WON’T wear this designer to Royal Wedding 2020
- Princess Beatrice wedding: How royal wedding will change Royal Family for one reason
- Robbie Williams' daughter 'will be flower girl' at Princess Eugenie's wedding
- Sarah Ferguson will make royal wedding history when Princess Beatrice marries Edoardo
- Royal wedding: Princess Beatrice won't have Westminster Abbey wedding like Kate and Wills
- Princess Eugenie plans glitzy wedding with Robbie Williams’ daughter as flower girl
Cara Delevingne asked Princess Eugenie for permission to wear a suit to the royal wedding have 347 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 13, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.