PRAGUE – Forget the days of nursing a drink at the bar while pouring out your woes to the bartender. At least if a new establishment in Prague is a sign of the future. The Cyberdog in the Czech capital features a robotic bartender who serves drinks ordered through a phone app. Opened on Wednesday by real estate developer Trigema, its two-level steel structure looks rather like a space station, with 40 seats and small upper deck. And never mind George Orwell’s sentiment in his essay “The Moon Under Water” that the perfect pub has “barmaids (who) know most of their customers by name and take a personal interest in everyone.” In the Cyberdog, after the customers have ordered their tipple via an app, a red robotic arm picks among seven wines on offer in a cool box. It then opens the bottle and pours up to four glasses at a time. Next, it lifts the glasses on a tray that travels overhead to the customers’ table, then lowers the load so people can pick up their glasses. Trigema owner Marcel Soural said he was sure the service sector would follow manufacturing in replacing expensive labor with machines. “I am… Read full this story
- New pub opened next to 2 N.J. colleges. Guess who's thrilled!
- New Pub on the Block
- Top Flow Bar & Grill Is Getting Ready to Serve Drinks on the Edge of the Grove
- North Ogden picks police department veteran Dirk Quinney to serve as new chief
- All Square: Ex-inmates serve grilled cheese at new restaurant
- 13 tasty places to eat and drink in New Orleans: Sept. 26-Oct. 2
- 8 tasty places to eat and drink in New Orleans: Aug. 29-Sept. 4
- Bartenders Try To Guess Whether Strangers Are Under Drinking Age
- Robot butlers are coming to this downtown hotel. Is Miami ready for robo-room service?
- Beer in its natural state: Why Upstate New York is pumped for cask-conditioned ale
A robot bartender is serving up drinks at this new pub have 334 words, post on nypost.com at November 29, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.