Active shooter drills have become a normal part of life for many students in the United States. Beverly Gardens Elementary School, next to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, in Riverside, Ohio, began holding shooter drills shortly after the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre. Beverly Gardens is also one of a small number of schools nationwide that actively trains and arms some of its staff. As part of our series, “School Matters,” CBS News’ Vladimir Duthiers reported from inside Stephanie Thornton’s fourth grade classroom at Beverly Gardens as kids prepared for the possibility of violence in their school. It’s something they’ve grown accustomed to. “CBS This Morning” wanted to show parents across the country what the drill looks like when it’s happening live, because it’s one thing to know your children are training to respond to an active shooter, but another thing to see it. After Principal Cristi Fields announced the drill to students, they sprang into action, barricading the door to their classroom, lining up along a wall out of sight from the door and arming themselves with whatever items they could grab, including pencils, scissors and water bottles. When Duthiers asked the children if any of them felt scared, nearly… Read full this story
- Trudeau Government To Train Employees With Active Shooter Drills
- Here's what the stimulus checks with Trump's name may look like
- Giant asteroid flying by Earth next week looks like it's wearing a face mask
- Karan Johar Proudly Flaunts His Grey Hair; Varun Dhawan Tells Him 'You Look Like A Bond Villain'
- Kriti Kharbanda gets oil massage from beau Pulkit Samrat, says first I made him look like Champak, then made him give me a champi!
- Ariana Grande looks like a vision in white while out after tearfully accepting Billboard Woman Of The Year award
- They won the fight against coronavirus. Here's what life looks like on the other side
- This is what the world looks like: Stunning photos of an African midwife who moonlights as a rubbish picker, Rohingya refugees and the Milky Way over Stonehenge all feature in new competition
- This is what 54 looks like: Stylist says home spa treatments and wearing high heels keeps her youthful
- Air Force: Injured jogger led to ‘active shooter’ reaction
What an active shooter drill in a 4th grade classroom looks like have 387 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.