Jakarta, Indonesia (CNN)Indonesia has ordered an inspection of all Boeing 737 Max 8 planes belonging to national commercial airlines, a day after Lion Air flight 610 crashed into the sea minutes after takeoff from the capital Jakarta, killing all 189 people on board. Speaking to CNN by phone Tuesday, transportation ministry official Capt. Avirianto said Lion Air currently has 11 of the models in its fleet while national carrier Garuda Indonesia has one. “We have inspected Garuda last night while Lion is still in progress,” he said, adding that the ministry hopes to inspect at least three of Lion Air’s planes Tuesday night and the other eight soon. It is unclear whether the Garuda aircraft passed the inspection. The managing director of Lion Air group, Daniel Putut Adi Kuncoro, confirmed to CNN that the transport ministry was carrying out the inspections. “We are waiting for their results,” he said. “We will follow what the regulator tells us to do.” Read More Search-and-rescue operations expanded to at least 400 square nautical miles Tuesday, with divers working to bring passenger remains out of the water and investigators examining fragments of debris scattered over a large expanse of sea. The aircraft’s fuselage and… Read full this story
- Trump announces FAA will issue emergency order to ground Boeing 737 Max jets
- Vistara to deploy new A320neo planes with enhanced features on its India-Singapore route from Nov 24
- Deadly plane crash claims lives of all 157 passengers, crew members on board
- Spyro Demo Code Found Within Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy Files
- Rumour: Crash Bandicoot coming to PC in remaster
- Wilco's 737 for Fly!
- Fly! a 737
- Virtual Planes, Virtual Airports And Absolutely No Rogering: Inside The Fascinating World Of VATSIM
- Dam heroes! Countless words have been written about the Dambusters raid, but a new book by historian MAX HASTINGS brings it to life as never before... hour by nerve-jangling hour
- Air Conflicts Hands-On
Lion Air crash: Indonesia to inspect all Boeing 737 Max 8 planes have 326 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.