Congressional candidate and Lakewood Chapel pastor John Elleson of Arlington Heights prayed over the body of a shooting victim in Rogers Park Monday night while visiting the Chicago neighborhood out of respect for another person killed there Sunday morning. Elleson, a Republican candidate for Congress in the 9th District, said he went to the neighborhood, where some members of Lakewood Chapel live, while on the way home from visiting another regular member’s son in Cook County Jail on the West Side. He was driving through the area and deciding whether to walk and pray on its streets when a Chicago squad car sped past him and pulled over a block away at about 10:20 p.m. Monday.”I was by the Loyola (University) campus,” Elleson said. “I pulled over where he pulled over. Then another car came and another car came. There was a guy laying there on the sidewalk.”According to the Chicago Sun-Times, 24-year-old Eliyahu Moscowicz, a resident of West Rogers Park, had been walking on the Loyola Park bike path near Lunt Avenue when someone shot him in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.Elleson said he told authorities he was a pastor and asked them if he… Read full this story
- Family of murder victim Jeffrey Lindsell describe heartbreak over accused killer’s death three weeks before trial
- We still get nightmares, can understand pain of Nirbhaya's parents: Father of Telangana gangrape and murder victim
- A Perennial Congressional Candidate Beloved by Trump World Was Just Arrested on Stalking Charges
- Grieving Brazilian town receives bodies of soccer crash victims
- For Families Of Oakland Murder Victims, Police Practices Add To Trauma: Study
- Photographs may yield clues to location of Moors murder victim's remains
- Berkeley hit-and-run suspect charged with murder, victim identified
- This DNA Testing Firm Said It Wanted To Bring Closure To Families Of Murder Victims. Then It Blocked A Rival From Using Its Database To Solve Crimes.
- Woman Walks Into Courthouse with Alleged Kidnapper Before Leading Police to Murder Victim
- Mike Quigley, Congressional Candidate: 2020 Election
Congressional candidate Elleson prayed over body of Rogers Park murder victim have 353 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.