Congressional candidate and Lakewood Chapel pastor John Elleson of Arlington Heights prayed over the body of a shooting victim in Rogers Park Monday night while visiting the Chicago neighborhood out of respect for another person killed there Sunday morning. Elleson, a Republican candidate for Congress in the 9th District, said he went to the neighborhood, where some members of Lakewood Chapel live, while on the way home from visiting another regular member’s son in Cook County Jail on the West Side. He was driving through the area and deciding whether to walk and pray on its streets when a Chicago squad car sped past him and pulled over a block away at about 10:20 p.m. Monday.”I was by the Loyola (University) campus,” Elleson said. “I pulled over where he pulled over. Then another car came and another car came. There was a guy laying there on the sidewalk.”According to the Chicago Sun-Times, 24-year-old Eliyahu Moscowicz, a resident of West Rogers Park, had been walking on the Loyola Park bike path near Lunt Avenue when someone shot him in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.Elleson said he told authorities he was a pastor and asked them if he… Read full this story
- Body of cosmetic surgery victim found in river
- Bodies of Egypt crash victims arrive in Russia
- Bodies of three Vietnamese victims of flight MH17 identified
- Bodies of four drowning victims found
- Egypt bus attack victims receive a maximum life insurance benefit of VND2.4 bil.
- Foreign Ministry condemns murder of Vietnamese citizens
- Hong Kong police charge British banker with double murder World
- Thai PM questions if 'tourists in bikinis' safe after murders
- Man arrested over murder of Vietnamese girl in Japan
- Thai police say two confess to murder of British tourists
Congressional candidate Elleson prayed over body of Rogers Park murder victim have 310 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.