The Detroit News
Published 11:22 AM EDT Oct 18, 2018
Detroit — Downtown visitors beware, it’s Detroit Marathon weekend, meaning that a number of roads will be closed to traffic for much of the day Sunday to accommodate the long-distance runners.
The majority of the road closures will go into effect at 3 a.m. Sunday, when entry to a large portion of downtown won’t be available. The closures, outlined in red on the map, affect major roads such as Fort Street, Michigan Avenue, Jefferson Avenue and Lafayette.
The blue lines coincide with the route of the runners. Those roads will be closed once the race starts.
- For Speed, Chicago’s Marathon Is Second to None
- Long Beach Marathon 2018: Everything you need to know, including road closures
- Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon: When the race starts, road closures, where to watch
- Large Interstate 5 sinkhole forces lane closures downtown, as repair crews scramble
- Navigating Burlington during Vermont City Marathon
- Construction, marathons may shake up your commute this weekend
- Boston Marathon, the Cohen case: 5 things you need to know Monday
- Tour de Lou courses take cyclists on a historic ride through the city of Louisville
- A new 'Perch' overlooking downtown, free coffee on May 29, and more food news