The Detroit News Published 11:22 AM EDT Oct 18, 2018 Detroit — Downtown visitors beware, it’s Detroit Marathon weekend, meaning that a number of roads will be closed to traffic for much of the day Sunday to accommodate the long-distance runners. The majority of the road closures will go into effect at 3 a.m. Sunday, when entry to a large portion of downtown won’t be available. The closures, outlined in red on the map, affect major roads such as Fort Street, Michigan Avenue, Jefferson Avenue and Lafayette. The blue lines coincide with the route of the runners. Those roads will be closed once the race starts.
- Woman arrested after shooting near marathon route in San Diego
- Mile posts: Final word on Dam to Dam and Weekend Update with Jenny Simpson, Erik Sowinski, Cam Dye, Alex Libin, Diane Nukuri
- Dog About Town: Party hopping and more things to do with your pooch
- Dog About Town: Celebrating with Dad and more things to do
- 80+ things to do with your kids this summer in Reno/Tahoe region
- Closures on the rails and I-35W in Minneapolis hamper weekend travel
- Trump to the Capitol Tuesday night
- Dog About Town: Parties, Pilates and more things to do with your pooch
City to close downtown roads Sunday for marathon have 217 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.