By Jonathan Stempel (Reuters) – A federal judge has dismissed lawsuits by dozens of former professional wrestlers who accused World Wrestling Entertainment Inc of failing to protect them from concussions and other head trauma, including chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). Many claims filed on behalf of 53 wrestlers like Joseph “Road Warrior Animal” Laurinaitis and Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka were brought too late and some were frivolous, U.S. District Judge Vanessa Bryant in Hartford, Connecticut, ruled on Monday. Bryant also found no basis to suggest the defendants, including WWE Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon, knew of any link between wrestling and CTE before 2007, which was after most of the plaintiffs had retired. “The court is also unwilling to find that the diagnosis of one wrestler with CTE is sufficient to imbue WWE with actual awareness of a probable link between wrestling and CTE,” Bryant added. WWE shares rose 2.3 percent to $89.74 on Tuesday. CTE is a neurodegenerative disease often caused by repeated trauma to the head, and cannot be diagnosed before death. A large part of Bryant’s 40-page decision focused on the plaintiffs’ lawyer Konstantine Kyros, who the judge said “persistently” ignored her orders and caused a “considerable waste” of… Read full this story
- Judge Dismisses Stormy Daniels’ Suit Against Trump
- Judge dismisses clerk’s suit against immigrant licenses law
- Judge Dismisses Charges Against Democratic Activist Who Allegedly Engaged In Oral Sex With Mentally Disabled Student
- Josh Duggar Hometown 'Prays' Court Dismisses Molestation Lawsuit
- Judge dismisses request for DNA testing on evidence from 1985 murder despite request from executed suspect's daughter who claimed her father 'was forced into confessing and convicted on shaky evidence'
- Fox News Judge Dismisses Trump's 'I Want Nothing' Defense: 'Clear Understanding President Wanted Some Things From the Ukrainians'
- Canadian Judge Dismisses Bid to Freeze Assets of Ex-Guantanamo Prisoner
- Federal Judge Dismisses Danvers Man's Case Against Beverly Police
- Gautam Gambhir Reveals How MS Dhoni's Reminder Led To His Dismissal In 2011 World Cup Final
- With Shots At "Gory Crap," Vince McMahon Uses His Old Wrestling War Playbook Against AEW
U.S. judge dismisses concussions lawsuits against World Wrestling have 348 words, post on www.euronews.com at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.