Trump attacks union leader on Labour Day BelfastTelegraph.co.uk President Donald Trump has attacked a top union leader on the annual US holiday that celebrates workers. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/trump-attacks-union-leader-on-labour-day-37277542.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article37277537.ece/1b07d/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_62277a4a-4add-4523-b543-df42a1a77bd5_1 Email President Donald Trump has attacked a top union leader on the annual US holiday that celebrates workers. Mr Trump lashed out on Twitter following criticism from the president of the American Federation of Labour and Congress of Industrial Organisations (AFL-CIO) Richard Trumka. Mr Trump tweeted on Labour Day that Mr Trumka “represented his union poorly on television this weekend”. He added: “it is easy to see why unions are doing so poorly. A Dem!” The president’s attack came after Mr Trumka appeared on Fox News Sunday over the weekend where he said efforts to overhaul the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) should include Canada. Mr Trumka, whose organisation is an umbrella group for most unions, said the economies of the United States, Canada and Mexico are “integrated” and “it’s pretty hard to see how that would work without having Canada in the deal”. Mr Trump had previously said on Twitter that there was “no political necessity” to keep Canada in Nafta. But it is questionable whether Mr Trump can unilaterally exclude… Read full this story
- Turkey fires first shots: Ankara bombs Kurdish supply route ahead of invasion to create a 'peace corridor' along border just hours after Trump pulls US troops - as president reveals he has invited Erdogan to the White House next month
- Friday briefing: Brexit deal comes down to numbers
- Was it a Channel 4 stitch-up? Viewers slam 'snide' TV leadership debate that 'encouraged candidates to knock chunks out of each other' and 'sidelined the hard Brexiteer'
- Turkey releases video of its commandos advancing against Kurdish fighters as civilians continue to flee airstrikes and shelling in towns along the Syrian border
- Tuesday briefing: Johnson – let's get on with the WAB
- Boris Johnson Loses a Critical Brexit Vote, Throwing the Process Into Disarray
- Terrorists, cultists – or champions of Iranian democracy? The wild wild story of the MEK
- Brexit Bulletin: In the Bleak Midwinter
Trump attacks union leader on Labour Day have 389 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at September 3, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.