- TV Listings
- About Us
Traffic alerts for the week of August 20
If you’re going to be driving in the Permian Basin this weekend or next week, TxDOT wants you to be aware of closures and repair work. Here’s a list of traffic alerts to be aware of from August 17 through August 24.
On Friday construction will start on the frontage road of BI-20 running to the east end of Loop 250. Work will be done during the day through Sunday when night work will begin to repair the intersection below loop 250.
Oversized loads are the reason why Lamesa Road bridge will be needing repair work starting Friday. On Friday the east bound lane of I-20 will be closed and the week of August 20 will have the westbound lane closed.
Download the free news app today
There will be a single lane closure on Highway 191 near Faudree road from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, though work could last until Wednesday. TxDOT warns that travelers should expect delays and avoid the area if possible.
Crews will be performing mill and fill operations on Highway 302 from approximately 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. through the week of August 20. Work will be performed in the westbound lane around 10 miles west of the Ector and Winkler county line. Drivers should expect delays and lane closures, as well as obey flaggers and follow the pilot car.
Lane closures on SH 115 will occur on August 22. Both the turning lane and the inside lane will be closed for around half a mile heading west from County Road 1001.
Copyright 2018 KWES. All rights reserved.
- 6 things to know about the federal government shutdown in Tennessee
- Government shutdown, NFL playoffs, winter storm: 5 things to know this weekend
- Meet 'Leo The Enlightened' — a spiritual troll sculpture towering high in the Smokies
- Prince Philip, 97, uninjured after car accident, Buckingham Palace says
- Marriott data breach victim? Here's what you need to know
- I-10 closure this weekend: How long till Arizona's 5 biggest road projects are done?
- Prince Philip crash: Being told to hang up keys could be 'major blow,' royal expert says
- Shocking revelations from Netflix's 'Conversations with A Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes'
- Netflix's 'Conversations with A Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes' perfect primer to Cincy-shot biopic
- For years, former POW Jessica Lynch kept the hurt inside