Like the president he adores, U.S. Representative Duncan Hunter thinks the best defense is a good, offensive conspiracy theory. Photo: Bill Clark/CQ-Roll Call,Inc. If anyone thought U.S. Representative Duncan Hunter was going to be contrite after being indicted for a long and wildly egregious list of personal misuses of campaign funds and for lying to the authorities about them, they were wrong. Taking a page from the reaction of the president (for whom Hunter was a very early supporter in 2016) and most congressional Republicans to the Mueller investigation, Hunter is denying all wrongdoing and professing to be a victim of a politically motivated conspiracy. “We’re excited about going to trial with this, frankly,” Hunter told CNN affiliate ABC 10News in San Diego, adding later that he’s not worried. “This is modern politics and modern media mixed in with law enforcement that has a political agenda. That’s the new Department of Justice.”Asked if he was innocent, Hunter said, “Of course.”“This is the Democrats’ arm of law enforcement. That’s what’s happening right now. It’s happening with Trump. It’s happening with me. We’re going to fight through it and win and the people get to vote in November This is, shall we say,… Read full this story
- Putin says he favored Trump, didn't interfere
- Luke Russert: GOP Will Use ‘Every Trick’ To Repeal ObamaCare, ‘Just Like The Democrats Did To Pass It’
- GOP Rep. Says ‘Nobody Applauded’ Trump’s Joke About Sanford: It Was ‘Display of Pettiness and Insecurity’
- Stormy Daniels on Trump: He Told Me I Was ‘Just Like His Daughter’
- New York GOP Official Says He Lost Re-Election Due to ‘Trump Effect’
- Joe Biden Says He Hopes Trump's Presidency Will Be the "Single Exception in American History"
- Apex Legends Cheat-Maker Says He Made $5,000 In Just Four Days
- Adam Schiff Says He Still Believes Trump Could Be Indicted
- GOP Congressman: 'Trump Has Engaged in Impeachable Conduct'
- Rod Rosenstein says Justice Department won't be extorted by Congress amid calls for his impeachment
Indicted GOP Congressman Says He’s a Victim of Trump’s Justice Department, Just Like Trump have 359 words, post on nymag.com at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.