The Australian actor Damon Herriman will play Charles Manson in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming crime drama exploring the Manson Family murders. Entertainment outlets broke the news on Wednesday that the Adelaide-born Herriman, 48, has been cast as the reviled cult leader in the auteur’s ninth feature film, which will be set in Los Angeles in 1969. In his first major US movie role, Herriman joins an ensemble cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Burt Reynolds, Al Pacino, Lena Dunham, Dakota Fanning and his fellow Australian Margot Robbie as the actor Sharon Tate, who was one of the victims of the Manson Family murders. Herriman, who won an Aacta award in 2016 for his performance in Foxtel’s Canberra-set cloak-and-dagger drama Secret City, is best-known to US audiences for his role in the neo-western crime drama Justified, broadcast on the cable channel FX. Herriman has also appeared in the US television programs Quarry and Battle Creek, which was co-created by the Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan. In Australian film and television he is known for playing an eclectic range of characters, often in supporting roles but with occasional gigs as leading man. He co-starred in Stan’s… Read full this story
- Manson Family murders film probably closest to 'Pulp Fiction', says Quentin Tarantino
- Quentin Tarantino objects to sale of The Weinstein Company
- It's not easy being Charles Manson's grandson
- Missing Charles Manson? Florida man sells memorabilia to 'sleep with under your pillow'
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Quentin Tarantino Surprise CinemaCon to Tease Charles Manson Movie
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Quentin Tarantino crank up hype for movie with Brad Pitt at CinemaCon
- Quentin Tarantino claims Weinstein Co. owes him millions in royalties
- Narendra Modi Lookalike To Play PM In A Kannada Film Based On Demonetisation
- John Travolta looks unrecognisable with bizarre mullet hairdo and specs for role in new Fred Durst film Moose
- New “Django” film to get under way, Franco Nero
Damon Herriman to play Charles Manson in Quentin Tarantino film have 333 words, post on www.theguardian.com at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.