Peter Navarro, director of the White House National Trade Council, defended President Donald Trump’s announcement of steel and aluminum tariffs on Thursday.“We can’t really have a country without a solid steel industry and without a solid aluminum industry, and right now, those industries are under siege,” Navarro said in an interview on Breitbart News Saturday with Washington Political Editor Matthew Boyle on SiriusXM Patriot 125. Navarro decried the “hair on fire” reaction from cable news and the press, calling it the “biggest bunch of horse-puckey that you can imagine.” He said that the ten percent tariff on aluminum would only raise the cost of a six-pack of beer by about a cent-and-a-half and would only raise the construction cost of a $330 million 777 Dreamliner by about $25,000. “There’s virtually no downstream effects, despite what the pundits might be saying on TV, and it’s all good for the aluminum industry,” he said. Trump plans to sign the new tariffs next week. “It’s going to be a great day for America. It was a great day on Thursday when he announced it,” Navarro said, “because we need strong aluminum and steel industries if we are going to have a country.” Navarro said… Read full this story
- Peter Navarro: U.S. Is ‘Dangerously Over-Dependent’ on Foreign Imports
- WH’s Peter Navarro Battles CNN’s Brianna Keilar — ‘Why Do You Keep Shouting in My Ear?’
- Inside Jared Kushner and Peter Navarro's efforts to rescue the White House's coronavirus response
- Trump Taps Peter Navarro as Defense Production Act Policy Coordinator During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Donald Trump Names Peter Navarro Defense Production Act Coordinator
- Peter Navarro: Intent on preventing 'bottlenecks' of needed medical supplies, ventilators
- Trump Taps Peter Navarro To Coordinate Defense Production Act Use
- Schumer: Trump Needs Production and Distribution Czar, Navarro ‘Not Up to the Job’
- Fauci, Navarro got into heated argument over unproven COVID-19 treatment: report
- WH trade adviser Navarro clashes with CNN anchor, tells her to cover pandemic 'without frightening America'
Exclusive — Peter Navarro: Media Reaction to Steel and Aluminum Tariffs a ‘Bunch of Horse-Puckey’ have 344 words, post on www.breitbart.com at March 3, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.