U.S. Sen. John McCain provides new insights into his 2008 White House campaign against President Barack Obama and tries to put the President Donald Trump era into focus in a new memoir released Tuesday. “The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and Other Appreciations” is the third book in an autobiographical trilogy that includes 1999’s “Faith of My Fathers” and 2002’s “Worth the Fighting For.” McCain again reunites with his former Senate chief of staff and longtime co-author Mark Salter for the book, in which the six-term Arizona Republican senator also reflects on the Iraq War, the need for comprehensive immigration reform, and Trump’s character. Here are five more takeaways from “The Restless Wave.” McCain suggests his confused questioning of Comey was related to his brain tumor McCain seems to believe that his garbled questioning of former FBI Director James Comey during a June 8, 2017, hearing is related to his life-threatening glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. McCain writes that he felt “something was off” after he returned from a multination overseas congressional-delegation trip. “I didn’t know exactly what,” McCain writes. “Fatigue mostly.” MORE: McCain reads from new book in emotional excerpt During the notorious Senate… Read full this story
- Cindy McCain 'disappointed' McGrath used image of John McCain in ad attacking McConnell
- Republicans Working for Putin? John McCain Claims Rand Paul Is Russian Tool over NATO Spending Debate
- Twitter Ridicules Donald Trump For Saying He Wasn't Thanked For Approving John McCain's Funeral: 'New Pathetic Low'
- John McCain Finds the Idea of Sarah Palin for Vice-President Laughable
- John McCain Saves Obamacare Once Again
- John McCain Blames Illegal Immigrants for Arizona Wildfires
- John McCain, Sarah Palin Both Right About the ‘Great Switcheroo’
- John Bolton's memoir has sold a staggering 780,000 copies in its first week on sale
- Key Takeaways From John Bolton’s Book: From Trump’s Plea to China to 'Cool' Invasion of Venezuela
- Bolton’s New Memoir Claims Trump Said He Didn’t Care if Daesh Returned to Iraq
5 takeaways from Sen. John McCain's new memoir, 'The Restless Wave' have 345 words, post on www.azcentral.com at March 28, 2018. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.