State education officials released standardized test scores from the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress Wednesday, and they paint a picture of a state continuing to grapple with the problem of the achievement gap. Related Stories EducationBy Jill TuckerCalifornia releases annual test scores — stagnant results,…EducationEric TingThe Bay Area school districts with the best teachers In San Francisco, the only urban district in the state where more than half of students were proficient in math and English, historically high-performing schools generally continued to perform well in 2017. Lowell High School boasted the largest share of students meeting expectations in both math and English among San Francisco’s public high schools. Giannini Middle School in the Outer Sunset was the top middle school performer in English, with 75.9 percent meeting or exceeding standards. Presidio Middle was the top performer in math — 69.71 percent of students met or exceeded standards there. Several of the city’s elementary schools with the highest percentage of students testing at or above expectations in 2016 saw a slight decline in the share of students who met standards this year, including Clare Lilienthal Elementary School, Alice Fong Yu Elementary School and Lafayette Elementary School, according to the numbers…. Read full this story
- Why Do Run-Down Schools Trigger Lower Test Scores?
- Hampton takes on San Francisco
- Stansberry, Hawaii host San Francisco
- Bradley, Cal visit San Francisco
- WATCH: San Francisco 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa falls down, still recovers fumble
- San Francisco Opera names its first female music director
- Stormy Weather Delaying Flights At San Francisco International Airport
- Is San Francisco As Safe As Stockton? Both Rank In Bottom Quarter Of New ‘Safest Cities’ List
- We examined 93 years of San Francisco movies: Here's the worst era. Yes, 'The Room' is involved.
- San Francisco’s dangerous streets: where bicyclists and pedestrians get hit
San Francisco's top-performing schools, according to recent test scores have 313 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at September 28, 2017. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.