Watching the new president, I’m struck by the fact that he is making almost the identical mistake President Obama made during his first two years. Trump has picked a major entitlement to hang his hat on — the same major entitlement, healthcare — and shortly will discover what most CIOs know: You don’t mess with anything that touches everybody.The likely outcome will be that like Obama, Trump will lose the house in the next election, and that the Republicans will be forced out of power over the next four to eight years, all for an avoidable, repeated mistake.Interestingly, tech has products — Watson, for example — that not only could prevent this but also could ensure the success of any administration that chose to use them. By success, I mean success in war, success in peace, success in approval ratings, and success in economic achievement.However, Watson can’t help President Trump for much the same reason it can’t help CEOs in general. I’ll share my thoughts on why, and why we should fix that, and close with my product of the week: the Ryzen 5, a new processor from AMD that hits the sweet spot for those of us who like… Read full this story
- Web Foundation CEO: Getting the whole world online is our goal
- Judge Judy tells Michael Bloomberg to run for president: Star says former New York mayor is 'only way we can begin to come together' as she slams Democrats' 'free money' and blames 'sounds and fury' of Trump without naming him
- Here's what tech has to say about Trump's immigration ban
- Trump takes to Twitter to shame cast of 'Hamilton'
- Tech companies' newest cause celebre? Boycott Breitbart
- Could the 2020 field get BIGGER? Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Michael Bloomberg, Eric Holder and even John Kerry field anxious requests to rescue Democrats from lackluster presidential options
- Internet regulation: is it time to rein in the tech giants?
- Elon Musk: Tell Me How to Fix Trump's Immigration Order
- Facebook targets coordinated campaigns spreading fake news
- Apple's iPhone SE won't help the FBI find criminals
OPINION Why Tech Can't Help Donald Trump and Most CEOs have 360 words, post on www.ecommercetimes.com at March 20, 2017. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.