The White House continues to lower the rhetorical boom on Republicans over their refusal to enact gun control legislation in the wake of the Orlando mass shooting, and at Tuesday’s White House daily briefing, Press Secretary Josh Earnest turned the heat up a little more. CNN’s Michelle Kosinski asked Earnest if he agreed with Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Chris Murphy (D-CT) that Republicans “have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.”Earnest studiously did not disagree with the sentiments, but also made his own characterization along similar lines: As we see it, it is, without question, possible for suspected terrorists to buy guns because Republicans are protecting their ability to do so.On Monday, Senator Murphy told reporters that “We’ve got to make this clear, constant case that Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS,” and on Monday night, Senator Warren tweeted her agreement with Murphy:Two of the measures defeated were proposed by Republicans, and which Earnest told reporters would do very little to keep guns away from terrorists or improve the background check system. This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author.
- White House, Republicans work to shore up Kavanaugh nomination
- Donald Trump cancels Eagles’ White House visit
- White House drama could have destroyed other teams … but not these Eagles
- Capitals’ Brett Connolly has no interest in White House visit
- Doug Pederson confirms Eagles will visit White House; Carson Wentz to attend
- Philadelphia Eagles' Players Say Donald Trump Lied About Why Team's White House Visit Was Canceled
- White House: Eagles are to blame for canceled event
- Kerr, Warriors react to Trump cancelling Eagles’ White House visit
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James Snub White House Invite Before It Comes
- Chris Long rips Roger Goodell over silence on Trump, White House drama
White House: Republicans ‘Protecting’ Terrorists’ Ability ‘To Buy Guns’ have 315 words, post on www.mediaite.com at June 21, 2016. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.