River Oaks District is getting ready to dazzle Houston diners with the first major restaurant opening in the upscale retail/dining/residential complex at 4444 Westheimer.
Toulouse Café and Bar, a brand from the Dallas-based Lombardi Family Concepts, is set to open March 23. The restaurant — a French bistro serving classic dishes such as escargot, moules-frites, steak and frites, lobster bisque, salad Nicoise, and bouillabaisse – sits in the heart of River Oaks District and will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday, dinner daily and weekend brunch. This is Toulouse’s second restaurant.
After Toulouse, the ambitious collection of restaurants – eight total, as well as a juice bar – will roll out at a fast clip. April also will bring the arrival of Taverna, another brand from Lombardi Family Concepts, specializing in risotto, handmade pasta, and pizza; and the opening of Steak 48, a modern steakhouse on two levels from brothers Jeffrey and Michael Mastro, based in Phoenix.
In May two concepts will open: Le Colonial, a French/Vietnamese restaurant, and The Porch, a branch of the Dallas-based gastropub. The Porch will feature comfort foods familiar to the south: Pimento cheese dip, brisket sliders, chicken-fried steak, brisket and barbacoa enchiladas and burgers. Le Colonial will be a huge draw with its dramatic two-level space (main restaurant on ground level and a cocktail bar/lounge on the second level. It’s the first Le Colonial brand to open in 18 years.
The much anticipated opening of Hopdoddy Burger Bar, an Austin import known for its menu of burgers, beers and boozy milkshakes, has been moved from April to late spring.
Late summer will bring SumoMaya, a Mexican/Asian fusion restaurant offering a menu of ceviches, sushi rolls, rice and noodle dishes, and tacos. It will be the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based brand’s second restaurant.
An eighth restaurant will be announced in the summer.
The ROD restaurants, which have their own patios, are spread throughout the luxury retail campus. They each bring something unique to the ROD experience said Colin Moussa, director of marketing.
- New Restaurant, Rooster & The Till, Planned for Florida Avenue
- 9 things to know about Caddyshack, Bill Murray and his family's new restaurant in Rosemont
- Chad Remaly is ready for new role in charge of the Southern Lehigh athletics program
- Red Wings open new arena with similar roster from last season
- Garoppolo ready for new starring role with Patriots
- LSU opens new era against explosive Mizzou
- Colorado State opens new on-campus stadium vs Oregon State
- Stallings ready for new challenge at Pittsburgh
- Ronaldinho returns to Barcelona as club opens New York City office
- Oilers open new arena versus rival Flames