Authorities of the central province of Binh Dinh hope to improve environmental sanitation and facilitate production and businesses operating in the locality through building concentrated waste water treatment plants in local industrial parks (IPs).
According to the management board, the locality is home to nine IPs, six of which have concentrated waste water treatment plants.
In order to meet the increasing demand of waste water treatment in the Phu Tai and Long Minh IPs, local authorities invested over 33.1 billion VND (1.52 million USD) in building a modern treatment plant with a capacity of 2,000 cubic metres per day for the two IPs.
Currently, as many as 110 enterprises operating the parks have their waste water treatment systems connected to the plant.
A similar facility with a first-phase capacity of 500 cubic metres per day was also constructed in the Nhon Hoa IP with a total investment of over 12.4 billion VND. It became operational in July 2014 with 25 out of 26 enterprises in the park connecting to the plant.
In the Nhon Hoi IP, the first phase’s construction of a 2,000 cubic metre-capacity waste water treatment plant has been completed, expected to attract investors in the park.
Land clearance work for waste water treatment projects is also being conducted in the Cat Trinh and Hoa Hoi IPs.
The facilities not only create favourable conditions for enterprises to effectively and sustainably operate in the locality, but also bring better sanitary conditions to locals.-VNA
- Manila Water awaits redeployment of its water treatment facility in Bohol
- Car crashes into funeral in Binh Dinh, killing four
- Maynilad builds P6.75-B water treatment plant
- Maynilad eyes P4-B water treatment plant
- La Mesa Water Treatment Plants to get P7-B upgrade
- $47-M ‘Waste 2 Worth’ facility soon up in Angeles City
- Don’t waste water!
- Waste-to-energy facility eyed in QC
- P80-M waste-to-energy facility up in Dagupan within 2017
- Bulacan gov laments wasted water from pipes