“Thank you all very much for being here and for all the support that you have given me over the years: as the mayor of this great city, as Vermont’s only congressman and now as a U.S. senator. Thanks also to my longtime friends and fellow Vermonters Bill McKibben, Brenda Torpey, Donna Bailey, Mike O’Day and Ben and Jerry for all that you do – and for your very generous remarks. Thanks also to Jenny Nelson for moderating this event and for your leadership in Vermont agriculture.I also want to thank my family: My wife Jane, my brother Larry, my children Levi, Heather, Carina and Dave for their love and support, and my seven beautiful grandchildren – Sonny, Cole, Ryleigh, Grayson, Ella, Tess and Dylan who provide so much joy in my life.Today, here in our small state – a state that has led the nation in so many ways – I am proud to announce my candidacy for president of the United States of America.Today, with your support and the support of millions of people throughout this country, we begin a political revolution to transform our country economically, politically, socially and environmentally.Today, we stand here and say loudly and… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders blasts White House for not apologizing for McCain comment
- Sanders, Graham think White House should apologize for John McCain insult
- Senate Dems urge Trump to remain in Iran deal ahead of announcement
- The Democratic wave won’t crest without progressive insurgents
- Nick Berry: Too many shirk their obligation to talk to those who disagree with their politics
- Big problems at the VA as Jared-backed health-care project gets ‘devastating’ review
- In wide-open 2020 presidential field, Democrats are road-testing messages — and trying to redefine their party
- Wellstone legacy ‘goes dormant’ after family ousted in Democratic feud
- Lindsey Graham: Trump aide's comment about John McCain 'pretty disgusting thing to say'
- As one 1st District candidate bashes Shaheen and Hassan, others pile on Citizens United
Remarks by Sen. Bernie Sanders have 340 words, post on www.usatoday.com at May 26, 2015. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.