Have you noticed what sore losers the left are about Labour losing the general election last week?
The Conservatives won 37% of the vote (24% of the total electorate leant them their support) and, according to our political system, that means they have the right to govern with 100% of the power.
Why can’t the left just shut up and accept they lost? Fair and square. End of story.
Well, here are a few possible reasons why:
1. They’re sore losers because they’re concerned that even more parents will be forced to go hungry to feed their children
Research has found that one in five mothers in the UK regularly skips meals to ensure to their children have enough to eat.
The left is worried that this number could increase as the Conservative government introduces £12 billion further welfare cuts.
2. They’re horrified that hundreds of thousands are forced to resort to food banks in one of the richest countries in the world
We used to think of food poverty as something mainly confined to countries with less wealth and poorer infrastructures.
Under the coalition, it’s estimated that over half a million people in the UK were forced to rely on food parcels to survive.
The left are unwilling to accept that this is how things will carry on under the Conservative government, and that it might get even worse.
3. They’re suspicious of planned constituency boundary changes that will make it harder for Labour to win in future elections
The Lib Dems blocked the Tories’ planned constituency boundary changes under the coalition government. Now, there is nobody to stop them.
The proposed changes could cost Labour up to 28 seats, making it harder to get rid of the Conservatives at the next general election. The left are really not happy about this possibility.
4. They don’t want London to become a city only for the rich
Many left-wingers have the weird idea that our country’s capital should be populated by people from all parts of society.
They’re concerned that reducing the benefit cap from £26,000 to £23,000 will force many poorer families to move out of London.
They’re also disappointed that Labour will not be able to introduce rent controls to help put the breaks on spiralling housing costs.
5. They think past experience shows that Conservatives can’t be trusted to protect our NHS
A lot of people on the left are very attached to our National Health Service.
They’re concerned that privatisation erodes its effectiveness by introducing a profit motive that takes precedence over the best interests of patients.
Now, there’s nothing to stop the Conservatives continuing flogging off bits of our NHS as they wish.
6. They believe plans to legalise fox hunting show who this government really represents
It might not be the biggest issue when things like housing and healthcare are at stake – but this sends out a clear symbolic message to the majority, who oppose the upper classes’ favourite blood sport.
7. They’re worried about even deeper legal aid cuts preventing ordinary people having access to justice
Legal aid cuts under the coalition government had repercussions many left-wingers think are unacceptable.
For example, domestic violence victims have been forced to face cross-examination by their abusers in court – as changes have made it difficult for them to qualify for representation.
Labour promised to improve access to justice for domestic violence if they gained power. Under a Conservative majority, many lawyers are scared things will get even worse.
8. They think harsh benefit sanctions are too cruel to have a place in a reasonable society
Benefit sanctions, which are often imposed as punishment for trivial transgressions and mistakes, leave people without the money they rely on to meet basic living costs.
Lefties are also unhappy that people with mental health problems are the most likely to be affected.
9. They’re sore losers because they don’t want more young people to be forced to sleep on the streets
The Conservatives plan to block unemployed under 21s from being able to claim housing benefit. Charities predict this may leave many vulnerable young people forced to sleep rough.
Apparently, left-wingers aren’t too pleased about that possibility.
10. They find plans to allow police to monitor the private messages of people who’ve done nothing wrong terrifying
Under the coalition, the Liberal Democrats blocked Theresa May’s “snooper’s charter”. Now the Tories have a majority, it’s back on the agenda.
The law will give the police new powers to monitor your browsing history, private messages on social media, iMessages and WhatsApp communications.
This applies even if you aren’t suspected of having committed any crime.
11. They believe changes intended to make it harder to strike are anti-democratic
The government wants to make it illegal for public service strikes to go ahead without the support of 40% of all union members – not just the majority of those who vote.
Trouble causing left-wingers have pointed out that if the General Election had been held according to these rules, we wouldn’t have a Tory majority government. Only 24% of the total electorate voted for the Conservatives.
- 11 Reasons Why You Need a VPN and What It Is
- Spark Is the Best Google Inbox Alternative: 11 Reasons Why It’s Worth a Look
- McConnell doesn't know why Jon Stewart is "all bent out of shape" about 9/11 responders fund
- Family of young girl, 11, who was left brain dead after a garden tap gave her a severe electric shock is caught up in a dramatic police chase on Boxing Day
- 'Plenty of salt on The Project tonight!' Fans accuse 'bitter loser' Waleed Aly of 'having a huge sook' during tense interview with Gold Logie winner Tom Gleeson
- From the 9/11 Inquiry to Impeachment, Why Justice Fails
- It all started 96 hours after 9/11
- 'It does take its toll on me': Former Biggest Loser winner-turned-firefighter Sam Rouen speaks about battling Australia's 'absolutely catastrophic' bushfires
- Apollo 11 conspiracy questions why flag WAVED on moon - here's the simple explanation
- Fahrenheit 9/11
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone XR: We put cameras, battery life and speed to the test
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone XR: We put cameras, design and speed to the test
|The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muer - Adventurer iPhone 5 5s Black plastic case - (Row 11-c)5.0★ / check it now at Amazon||The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muer - Adventurer iPhone 4 4S Black plastic case - (Row 11-c)2.0★ / check it now at Amazon||Book of Love: The Definitive Reason Why Men Are Dogs3.7★ / $21.03||60 Minutes - The Millennials are Coming (November 11, 2007)$33.93||The Sore Losers check it now at Amazon||Left Hand Pro Carry LT BLK Kel Tec P-11 Inside The Waistband Concealed Carry Gun Holster The Holster Store check it now at Amazon||11.5" Girl's Softball Glove from MacGregor (Worn on the Left Hand) check it now at Amazon||11" Girl's Softball Glove from MacGregor (Worn on the Left Hand) check it now at Amazon||11 1/4" Two-Tone Pro Preferred Infield Glove from Rawlings (Worn on the Left) check it now at Amazon||11" Youth Genesis® 1884 Series Ball Glove from Louisville Slugger (Worn on the Left Hand) check it now at Amazon||The Unknown Richard Strauss, Vol. 11: Piano Concertos For the Left Hand check it now at Amazon||EvaDane - Funny Quotes - I have reason to believe the squirrels are mocking me - Flags$19.98||Where the Boys Are 11 x 17 Movie Poster - Style A check it now at Amazon||EvaDane - Funny Quotes - I have reason to believe the squirrels are mocking me - Framed Tiles check it now at Amazon||Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation by Borelli, Deneen (3/6/2012) check it now at Amazon||Signs Of The Second Coming: 11 Reasons Jesus Will Return in Our Lifetime$12.95||Left to Chance (The Chances Are Series) (Volume 2)$15.95||By Billy Crystal - Still Foolin' 'em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? (Unabridged) (8.11.2013) check it now at Amazon||Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation$15.8||Thieves, Rascals & Sore Losers: The Unsettling History of the Dirty Deals that Helped Settle Nebraska$19.95||Tell Me If the Lovers Are Losers check it now at Amazon||The Official Democrats Are Such a Joke Book: Humor About the Left For Right-Thinking People$9.95||Conservatives Are from Mars, Liberals Are from San Francisco: 101 Reasons I'm Happy I Left the Left4.4★ / check it now at Amazon||Do You Know Where You Are Going?: One Man's Story of September 11 and the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ$6.48||The Kids Are Alright: 10 good reasons to relax and let kids be kids$16.13||The Stars are Falling: Reasons to Believe We are Enslaved by the Serpent$26.52||American Gridlock: Why the Right and Left Are Both Wrong - Commonsense 101 Solutions to the Economic Crises$17.84||The Reason She Left: and other stories check it now at Amazon||11+ Non-verbal Reasoning Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Age 10-11) for the CEM Test4.0★ / $26.51||Voice of Reason: Why the Left and Right Are Wrong$6.44|
11 reasons the left are sore losers have 1488 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 13, 2015. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.