Florida State University late Monday asked a federal judge to throw out a lawsuit filed by a former student who said top NFL prospect Jameis Winston sexually assaulted her back in 2012.The woman filed a lawsuit against the university board of trustees in January, asserting that university officials had knowledge of her alleged sexual harassment and discrimination by the star quarterback and this created a hostile educational environment for her. The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages, including reimbursement for tuition, damages for emotional pain and suffering and loss of past and present earning and earning capacity.Lawyers for the university’s board of trustees contend the lawsuit should be dismissed because it does not show that FSU was responsible for her harassment, but they also maintain that they offered her assistance.But the court filing also asserts that while the woman was provided services by the school’s victim advocate, no top officials at the school were even aware that she had accused Winston of rape until a few days before the case became public in November 2013.The woman wound up leaving school after the investigation against Winston was reported. Winston was not charged by prosecutors in 2013 and he was cleared by the university… Read full this story
- Alec Baldwin wins a partial victory as judge throws out slander claim in lawsuit against the actor over parking-spot scuffle
- Ivanka Trump Says It's 'Inappropriate' to Ask Her About Sexual Assault Accusations Against Her Father, Despite Being a Government Employee
- Secretary of State asks judge to reconsider part of charter appeal request
- Judge OKs lawsuit against disgraced order Legion of Christ
- Judge allowing lawsuit over Lake Monroe logging to proceed
- Watchdog: US Federal Judge Approves Lawsuit Challenging Keystone XL Pipeline
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Dallas over man shot by officer in own home
- Judge allows lawsuit alleging racism at Tesla factory to move forward
- Judge throws book at porn pirates in northern Vietnam
- Britney Spears' ex-husband Kevin Federline 'might ask judge to REMOVE her father from her conservatorship amid claims he 'beat their teenage son'
FSU asks judge to throw out lawsuit from Winston accuser have 353 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 9, 2015. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.