If video games truly desensitize us as much as some people would have you believe, then Australian Okan Kaya is a much more dangerous son-of-a-gun today than he was a week ago.Today at the suburban Sydney offices of online retailer 4Cabling where he works as a sales manager, Kaya set a new Guinness World Record for longest video game marathon, after playing more than 122 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. “This journey began nearly two years ago when I first heard about the record,” Kaya said in an e-mail. “Back then it was 54 hours, and unfortunately earlier this year it skyrocketed to 120 hours.”That previous record of 120 hours and 7 minutes was set just this March by two Canadians. Kaya added a few hours to the mark in the hopes his record might last longer than eight months. To preserve his health and sanity, Kaya was given regular checkups throughout the ordeal and was able to take a total of 20 hours of break time since beginning the marathon last Tuesday.Now, he’s sleeping it off and hopefully spending a day without a digital weapon in has hands.
- Video: While US Celebrates 4th of July Chestnut Hits New Hot-Dog Eating World Record
- Britney Spears exhibits her abs in crop top after claiming she beat 100m world record
- Meet Finley, a six-year-old golden retriever who made a Guinness World Record by holding six tennis balls in his mouth
- Guinness World Records Posthumously Awards Race Car Driver Jessi Combs
- Former marathon world record holder banned for four years after giving fake-photo evidence for missed test
- Hanoi's world-record ceramic road bursts at the seams
- Joey ‘Jaws’ Chestnut breaks hot dog eating world record with 75
- Vietnam attends int’l webinar on impacts of new world order on Asia-Pacific
- ‘Brave New World’: TV Review
- Team Group Sets Quad-Channel DDR4 Read/Write Speed World Record
122 hours of playing Black Ops 2 -- new world record have 323 words, post on www.cnet.com at November 19, 2012. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.