This is a couple of economical recipes that will enable you to feed your family a “meatloaf” that is different without breaking the bank, so to speak. If you prefer pork over beef, try this ham loaf. For a different take on the traditional meatloaf, try the Norwegian meat loaf.NORWEGIAN MEAT LOAF1/2 lb ground beef 5 cups seasoned mashed potatoes 1/2 cup minced onion 2 eggs, slightly beaten 2 tbsp flour 3/4 tsp dill weed 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper pinch nutmeg 1/2 cup shredded pasteurized process cheesePreheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with foil extending about 1/2 inch above sides. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, 2 cups of the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, dill, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Press mixture into loaf pan. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Carefully remove meatloaf by lifting foil from pan. Peel off foil and transfer with spatula to an oven proof serving platter. In medium bowl, combine remaining potatoes with cheese. Spread on top and sides of loaf. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly… Read full this story
- West Ham see off lowly Queens Park Rangers with 2-0 victory
- Royals inflict an old-fashioned butt-whuppin’ on Blue Jays 14-2
- President Obama talks politics the old-fashioned way — over golf
- Relive an old-fashioned desert brawl on Throwback Thursday
- You DON'T need to cut out red meat: Scientists say official advice on eating less beef, pork and lamb is based on bad evidence and having it four times a week poses 'NO cancer risk'
- Wilson hat trick as Bournemouth edges West Ham 4-3
- Pitch count, smitch count: Old Hoss snickers at the silly itch
- Notes: Mid-ams are ham and egg at Women’s Four-Ball
- Chelsea’s tricky schedule begins against overachieving West Ham
- Arsenal continue Premier League win streak, ease past West Ham
Old-Fashion Recipes For Ham Loaf and Norwegian Meat Loaf Both Suitable For Diabetics have 324 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 16, 2008. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.