What are my thoughts about the latest public appearance of the Pope, in the United States? (When I say we in this article, I am making reference to us as a society, (we equals society).
It was nice seeing the Pope in America, and interesting that he spoke of some of the problems that have happened and were mentioned in the newspapers.
So many wishes, so many things to think about, so many ways to go and so many appointments for waiting for. Humans have such terribly complicated lives today, so much that we hardly get to enjoy our rest and relaxation periods of life. And with that complexness, I wonder if the Pope had any thought of the seniors in our country. He had thoughts of the victims of the priests in the church, but I think that he had no clue about what is happening inside of many rehabilitation and care centers and nursing homes.
If by any miracle the Pope would be reading here, I would beg him to come to the aid of our seniors and younger people who are in physical rehabilitation and care centers and in nursing homes. (Not all are bad but some are very, very negligent in the care of the patients and residents.
The problem is the de-humanization of our seniors and younger people who reside in our rehabilitation and care centers (our nursing homes). We have some good ones here, few and rare and in-between. But we have some horribly, horribly, disgusting rehab and care centers in America, most specifically in Staten Island, New York. Imagine NY as being one of the most powerful cities in America, and imagine being a virtual prisoner of that facility that you live in –either temporarily or permanently.
Imagine these things if you can:
- Having to go to the restroom, yet having to wait long hours till someone can bring you to the restroom.
- Having to wear diapers —against your will –but solely as a procedure to make the workers jobs easier.
- Having to wait inside of rooms, cafeterias, other rooms, for long, long periods just because there was no one there to help you wth the wheelchair.
- Imagine when you make a complaint about the treatment that they laugh at you and then later on you are reprimanded for complaining.
- Imagine trying to get your meal and instead having another meal, the incorrect meal –brought to you in a place where you live temporarily or permanently.
- Imagine your family members being inside the nursing home and being unable to complain about horrible conditions because the staff insinuates that you won’t be able to visit anymore.
- Imagine the Director of Social Work and Administrators at the facility for the sole purpose of covering up errors, covering up farm colony treatment and for the sole purpose of keeping as many visitors as possible away from the facility.
- Imagine coming to the rehab center with clean, pure skin and then developing sores on your body from being on one side from being in bed too long and from not recieving proper medical and social treatments.
- Imagine that every time you speak out –as a long term resident, that you are told to be quiet, you are told you will receive punishment and you are show, that you will only co-exhist happily if you keep your mouth shut about horrible conditions.
- Imagine all these things happened to you inside a rehab and care center/nursing home and imagine that no one knows or cares. Imagine calling out for help and finding no help.
Now imagine all these things happening and now your medical condition gets worse and worse and the place receives money in order to continue their bad treatment.
How could the Pope help. He could help by bringing every eye in America on the offending rehab and care centers and nursing homes. He could help because wherever he goes, people notice. And we, as a growing, educated society need people to notice the grave injustices that are being perpetrated on our long-term residents in our country.
We need your (you– sitting there reading this)n help in bringing this matter OUT and to the public and to our Congressmen. With your help, you can save the lives of seniors who are now residing in horrible, horrible, corporate owned offending rehab and care centers /nursing homes in Staten Island and all over the whole world.
We beg for your help in this matter where seniors are being mistreated in nursing homes and in rehabilitation and care centers that are taking away the civil and human rights of the long term residents and of some of the short-termed residents.
We beg each and every Catholic person who did the pilgrimage to the Papal parade in New York and IN Washington, DC, to please do a pilgrimage to speak out against the indecencies that are happening to the seniors in those offending nursing homes and rehabilitation and care centers in New York State, and in Staten Island, New York.
What can we do to let everyone see the injustices of what is happening inside of these places? What can we do to get help? Who will help?
We beg you. We beg you to let this country notice what is happening behind the closed doors of those offending rehab and care centers and those nursing homes who are not giving adequate are to the residents. .
Seniors are dying every day in nursing homes across the country. Every single day seniors are losing their rights, their civil rights and their basic human rights and no one sees and no one is helping. Please help.
Sincerely, someone who cares.
What would you say to the Pope if you could say anything to him?
- Justice Rajindar Sachar: The Jurist and Crusader for Human Rights
- 'Threat Of Surveillance by The State Or By Private Players Is A Challenge To Human Rights' :Justice Sikri
- Open Letters Ask Mark Zuckerberg: Why Does Facebook Help Governments Crush Dissent and Fuel Ethnic Conflict?
- 2 Women Attempting Lesbian Sex Caned In Malaysia, Spark Human Rights Outcry
- Trump to Meet Uzbek President, and Press for Human Rights
- Polish PM angers human rights campaigners with plans to shake up NGOs
- WhatsApp spyware: UK firm promises new 'respect for human rights' following allegations
- The Unemployed Are Now Protected Under The New York City Human Rights Law
- Panel Discussion on “Pluralism and Human Rights in India: Dilemma and Difficulties”
- Right To Petition To Right To Information: Evolution Of Human Right To Good Governance
- Human Rights Discourse in South Asia
- The Rule of Law and Human Rights in India
|Resend Shipping Fee for htc desire 612(the Same Design to the Last Case) for Customer(id:Deanna Powell) Only (check at Amazon)||1.0|
|I Love You to the Moon Case for Iphone 5,5s (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Letter to the President (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Vitality Qigong: An Instructional Guide to The Monkey and Deer Frolics (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy [UMD for PSP] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Visions of Israel - An Aerial pilgrimage to the Holy Land (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Letter to the Messianic Hebrews (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Let's Go to the Nightclub: Salsa For Beginners (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|English Idioms: An Idiomatic Journey to the West (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Letter to the President : Widescreen Edition (check at Amazon)||4.0|
|DVD-Guitar Soloing 101- An Easy Guide to the Fingerboard (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Letters to the Wall (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|MMP: ASL Action Pack #9, To the Bridge!, module for the ASL Advanced Squad Leader Game Series (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Amazing Dinosaur Plant - A Prehistoric Evergreen that Keeps Coming Back to Life Educational Toy for Children Ages 4 & Up (check at Amazon)||2.0|
|Honeymooners Vol. 1 - Letter to the Boss [VHS] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Giants Among Men: The 1986 New York Giants From Opening Day To the Super Bowl (NFL Films) (check at Amazon)||4.7|
|Sacraments for Children: An Introduction to the Seven Sacraments for Middle Grade Children (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Letters to the Wall [VHS] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Avery Print-To-The-Edge Labels for Laser Printers, 2 x 3.75 Inches, 200 Labels per Pack (6873) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Open Letter To The Damned (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Take It to the Limit / Mood for Lovin (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Mellow Seventies: An Instrumental Tribute To The Music Of The 70's (check at Amazon)||4.7|
|An Instrumental Tribute to The Beatles: Yesterday & Forever (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Tune Your Brain: Music to Manage Your Mind, Body and Mood (An Audio Companion to the Book by Elizabeth Miles) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Letters To The President (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|An Open Letter [Vinyl LP] [Stereo] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Here's to the Highlands: Music for Highland Bagpipe (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Go to the Ant: Proverbs for the Family (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Letter To The World (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Making God Smile: An Artists' Tribute to the Songs of Beach Boy Brian Wilson (check at Amazon)||0.0|
An Open Letter to the Pope, Pleading for Civil and Human Rights for Seniors, Aging and Others have 1477 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 19, 2008. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.