No matter what our financial background, we all have unique money stories imprinted upon us from a young age. And whether we’re conscious or not of what we’ve absorbed, we all pass along these stories, feelings and attitudes to our children, partners, friends and colleagues. Even if you don’t talk much about the topic, that in itself, is part of your story.The first step in getting a handle on your money story is to figure out what your parents or other childhood models taught you about money. This influence is so strong that most adults recreate family money dynamics — the familiar — in one of three ways:1. Being attracted and attractive to people who are similar to those “childhood models”2. Interpreting other people’s behaviour as being similar to your parents or childhood models(whether it’s the same or not)3. Doing all you can to get the other person to exhibit familiar behaviours.Here’s the kicker: Even if you consciously choose someone who’s different from your mom or dad, it’s likely you’ll unconsciously try to change that person so they fit into the family blueprint (which is why we often get angry at a partner for not being who we want them… Read full this story
- Kelly Osbourne slams 'sickening' stories about dad Ozzy being on his 'death bed'... after calling her sobriety 'gut-wrenchingly difficult'
- Michelle Williams Was Paid Way Less Than Mark Wahlberg for All the Money Reshoots
- The long tale of the British short story
- Helter Skelter Askew: Why the Story Behind the Manson Family Murders Is Now Full of Holes
- Don't be snobbish about Greggs. It's a great, British success story
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Stalls With $68M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon’s Wings? – International Box Office
- 8 ways to instil healthy money attitude in your children
- In their own words: The 2020 Democratic candidates share their stories
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have their own wealth. But how will they earn money?
- Toy Story's billion dollar buzz: A star brought back from the dead, a Hollywood scandal and a nine-year wrangle over the script. But now the hit franchise is back
Where Did Your Money Story Come From? have 378 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 19, 2008. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.