Traditional Miscellany (28-01-2007) Lord of sacred drum finally gets it back by Huu Ngoc The famous Dong Son bronze drums are the proud vestiges of the culture of the same name that defined the Viet right from the millennium that preceded the Christian era. I can never stop wondering how, 3,000 years ago, our ancestor were able to make such marvels, objects of sensuous shapes and decorated with precise geometric lines and perfect human and animal figures that reflect a clear concept of cosmology. My incessant admiration prompted me one fine spring day to make a pilgrimage to Dan Ne Village in Thanh Hoa Province 200km south of Ha Noi, where stands a temple dedicated to the genius of Dong Co (dong bronze, co drum). Legend has it that King Hung, a founder of the nation, was bivouacking on Mount Dan Ne during a campaign and dreamed of a genius, who promised him a miraculous aid. In the battle the following day, thunderous sounds were heard from all around, which filled the king’s army with irresistible strength. After the victory, the grateful king awarded the mysterious supporter the title of Dong Co Dai Vuong, Great Lord of the Bronze Drum,…
- Texas Dad Finally Gets Custody of Son Just in Time for Christmas as Mom Faces Charges for Medical Child Abuse
- Physically Fit, Emotionally Stable Kim Jong-Un Addresses UN After Finally Getting Nuclear Ambitions Out Of System
- Bill Gates Finally Getting Into Radiohead's
- Will Coach Mike Tomlin Finally Get Some Respect?
- Tiger Woods Finally Gets His Swing Back
- Steam is finally getting integrated voice chat
- No Man’s Sky Is Finally Getting Full Multiplayer With The ‘Next’ Update
- PC Players FINALLY Get to Play Starting August 9th & System Requirements
- Hello! Finally getting around to posting!
- When Is the Super Bowl Start Time? The NFL Finally Gets It Right
Lord of sacred drum finally gets it back have 322 words, post on at January 29, 2007. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.